Sunday, October 18, 2009

.:Thank.Me.Later:.

.......so to say that I've been asked a few times why I spell l-ve like I do would definitely be the understatement of the year. 9 times outta 10 I usually don't even like saying it out loud lol but I will write it, like this....so I guess you want me to explain why now huh?

I actually got it from one of the most intriguing people that you never thought that would be intriguing on Twitter, a stripper from Magic City stripclub in Atl @brookandthecity. For one, don't.judge.me (or her for that matter) and for two, if you have these preconceived notions that all strippers are stupid, ghetto shake dancers whose mommas probably weren't there or whatever and she might be the same in some ways but the wit and intellect of her tweets and the fact that she is completely ok with being completely unapologetically herself is dope to me. I recommend that everyone follow her, it will completely change your opinion on strippers lol. And she's a true to life HOV fan too...enough said. But one thing that stood out about her was the way that she never EVER wrote out the word l-ve. Never. When I heard the explanation, it made perfect sense to ME. So I do admit, I bit off it. But now that you have the background behind it, let me explain.

.....i truly and honestly feel like its a really offensive word that a lot of people throw around not really knowing its power or the weight that it really holds. Lots of people throw it around and really don't know the effect that it has on the people that its said to. People always act like fuck or shit are the offensive four letter words. they're.not. Think about it. To fuck, that's eaaaasy, its simple in the action and in saying it. But l-ve, if you say it and don't mean it, its damn near abusive to the person you say it to. So i spell it like i do to avoid confusion lol.So hopefully that makes it make sense to those who asked. Thank.Me.Later.

#sidenote. this is really real to me, like you might look at it as me just being jaded but honestly, I've been there and I've seen what it can do when its used undeservedly and not meant and its not pretty. So I choose not to use it to avoid all of that. Do I think that the "o" will ever come back? Yes, of course, but for now this is me. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment