Thursday, August 20, 2009

And The Crowd Goes.....Silent??



And you already is a star but,
Unless your flawless,
Then ya dynasty ain't complete
without a chief like me.


-beyonce
upgrade.you

So for at least 4 hours yesterday, Twitter was POPPIN lls. We brought up a topic just on a joke but it ended up being something way bigger than we thought it would be. We got a #wifeymaterial.#hubbymaterial trend "battle" going that stretched all the way to deep in VA. and through damn near the whole work day. But more interesting than the witty and creative responses from people was the way the convo ABRUPTLY when one of my boys asked the question:
@iammarcuspopeTruth.. Is an educated, well traveled, honest, opinionated, respectful, classy, beautiful, funny woman really that hard to find?

It was unreal b/c either people just completely ignored the statement or completely logged off Twitter. I really think that we had 2 females who responded to that question specifically (that I saw), there were at least 25 to 40 who were in on the conversation. -blank stare-

Now I'm sure that we could've added some other things as well but with the character limitations that Twitter has, certain things that couldn't be added but were to us, understood. It was just wild to me that everything SHUT DOWN because of that question, even when it was retweeted multiple times. STILL No Response -blank stare- The real of the situation is in my opinion, to find someone with all that plus the other "intangibles" is difficult but like I said to someone who I was talking to yesterday, I just wanna meet someone who has what the characteristics that I ask of myself (give or take a few secondary ones that can be interchangable), anything else is unfair real talk.
Oh, FYI, some of the "intangibles" that wouldn't fit were chemistry, secure, confident, presentable (might go with some of the others but ehh whatever -shrugs-), stylish and a dope sex drive. It was really just a little discouraging seeing a lot of my female friends who are D O P E, get silent -deep sigh-
But yea, ladies next time, someone questions ya'll like that, not saying that you gotta toot your own horn or say that you individually the answer to that riddle, but going on MUTE, the worst move. But I will give you my what I look for in a woman, stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, twitter doesn't seem like a place to respond.
    I hope the two that responded gave you what you were looking for.
    For me, I don't think she's hard to find. The question becomes when you find her, are you ready for her?
    People are becoming way too picky, and holding extremely high expectations.
    I'm all for standards that you should stick to.
    But to assume you will find someone absolutely perfect without flaws that fits your perfect ideal is unrealistic.
    Especially when people don't realize that with time, your expectations or wants might change.

    ReplyDelete